Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hated Monday

Ahh the slammed Monday.  So hated.  So reviled.

Why does everyone hate Monday.  Does it represent to them the return to something they hate?  Something they don't want to be a part of?  The end of the weekend, the end of a break from fun and frivolity.

I don't know.  I used to hate it too.  For a lot of the reasons above.  Then something changed.  Outlook on life perhaps combined with a change in life in general. 

I don't hate going to work.  I don't hate getting up early.  I don't mind either.  Work is a place I can contribute and be productive at a job I like.  It is a place where I meet new people and forge new relationships.  I have become a morning person in my old age.  I like getting up early and getting some stuff done before most people are awake.  By 5am I typically have a nice omelet ready to go.  Way better than a bowl of cornflakes!

But there is another reason.

The real reason that Monday has won a place in my heart?  As some people hate it because it is the start of a new week, I love it for that.  It symbolizes a new start a new exciting time to get things done.  To work towards your goals. 

Everyone is excited about new years eve and making resolutions. Every week has this.

I love Monday's they are awesome.  They are like a New Years Day every week.

No comments: