Friday, January 21, 2011

Rut

Been an interesting week.

Yes ancient Chinese curse interesting.

The beginning was just no fun at home or at work.  By the time things were back on an even keel and the week looked like it was getting better Wednesday night hit.  Apparently all the crap in the early part of the week meant my mind didn't think of anything but that.  It was SUPER active Wednesday at bedtime.  So much so that I didn't actually fall asleep till midnight.

I get up at 5am.  I was pretty tired.  My morning was ok, but by lunch time a combination of being stupid tired and the emotional stress of the earlier week conspired to crush me.  I went home in a bad mood.  Completely unhappy with the world and didn't want to make myself see things better.  A bad place.

Earlier in the day I had posted and exchanged some playful jabs about practice so I was on the hook to go.  I was not really looking forward to it.  Previous practices the stick I was using was old and taped all to hell, felt like a tonne of bricks and moved about as well.  It had made fighting a struggle and less fun.

Before bed on Wednesday I had made a new sword (Rattan) and re edged my sheild, so I had that to look forward to at least.

What a difference in everything that stick made.

Everything.

I went to practice pissed off, hating the world.  I left practice ready to take on whatever the world had to offer.

This week was pretty unacceptable in regards to how I want to view life.

Life isn't perfect but it is what it is.  Enjoy what you have or do something to change it.

No comments: