Sunday, October 16, 2011

Choices

Sometimes it is hard.  Sometimes life gives us what we see to be a bad hand.  Sometimes we choose poorly. 
Life has been that way.  Relationship failure and job stress can make you feel pretty crappy.

I choose to dwell on the negative.  Diet followed, training followed.  Part of me wanted to change, but not enough.

Then after a night of no sleep, and low emotional defenses I became exactly who I didn't want to be, who I have struggled to not be.  I didn't like it, but it was my choice to walk that road.

After that I realized that I need to choose who I wanted to be.  I needed to be that guy who was in control of himself.  I needed to focus on where I was going, and the positives in my life.

Good friends
New friends
Being knighted
Having a job
Having a place to live
Having people care about me.

Choose who you want to be.  Sometimes the road may be rough, but if it was easy it wouldn't mean anything.

No comments: