Friday, January 07, 2011

Thursday: Back in the swing of things

Pretty basic day, got some maps finished off this morning.  Our team lead and the geologist seemed to be happy with the finished products.  Yay me.

Then lunch with some friends, some from here and some from the old company.  Was nice to see everyone, even if we don't see as much of each other as we used to.

Swung 0 kettlebells today.  Took it as a rest day.  In fact took pretty much the whole day as a rest day.  Woke up exhausted and needed to get those pesky maps finished for a morning meeting so I skipped the gym.

Finished the day with a trip to the bookstore to pick up NROL for abs, which I am reading and will report back on in a few days, and finally off to practice.

Got to practice a little late so I missed the slow work and drills.  Did a fair bit of sparring.  Can definetely tell I was out of it for a month.  Good to be back swinging some sticks at people as well as the social aspects.  Unloaded a fair but of work and holiday angst at people.

Also my package has arrived in the mail.  Should be cool.  More on that later.  Don't want to ruin the surprise.

No comments: