Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning. 1 week in.

Early last week I recommited to living a better lifestyle.  The one thing I didn't mention was living rushed.  Always in a hurry to get home.  Always in a hurry to eat.  This leads to poor food choices and a percieved lack of time to cook.

This past week I have cooked several nights and had no issues.  I have been just as productive or perhaps even more so than when I run around like the sky is falling.

Last week I set out some goals to follow for the week with metrics
  • Drink green tea at least once per day:   Success
  • Stop buying baked goods: Bought zero baked goods, although I did induldge in a few on saturday
  • Watch calories: Calories have been tracked for a week, eating a little low and not super happy with my macro, but will get there.
  • More vegetables: Large green salads with other raw veggies have been incorporated.  Raw veggies for snacking at work as well as just more with dinner.
  • Watch intake after practice: I was cognisant of this and attempted to choose well, but we ended up going somwhere I was not prepared for.  Did the best I could
  • Eat out less: This is specifically aimed at dinners alone.  Didn't eat out alone at all last week
New week.  Continue with the same goals. plus add:
  • Kettlebell swings 200 swings 3x a week. (one or two handed)
Overall it was a good week last week.  It wasn't hugely hard to maintain the correct foods.  Was nice to cook and enjoy some good food again.






No comments: